One of my random whip ups that turned out to be a keeper. I just worked with whatever spices i had on hand so definitely not authentic or anything but we both polished our bowls!
- Knob of butter (optional, may use oilve oil)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Melt butter in a hot wok.
- Saute onions and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in star anise, cinnamon stick and all the spices. Fry till fragrant.
- Add in rice and fry till rice is evenly coated.
- Transfer to rice cooker, add in chicken stock and cook as per normal.