It was another morning that I ran out of ideas on what to make Ben for brekkie. it was at that moment when I remembered that I have a new pack of chocolate chips that needs to be used soon. So what better idea than a good old chocolate chip muffin? This recipe yields 8 really really moist and yummy muffins and prep time takes only about 15mins.
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- 60g butter, melted
- 120g whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 110g light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 220deg.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, chocolate chips, salt and baking powder
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, egg, sugar, milk, butter.
- In 3 batches, lightly fold in the wet ingredients to the dry. Do not over mix.
- Pour into lined muffin tin
- Bake at 220deg for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180deg and bake for a further 8-10minutes until a stick comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Cool before serving, enjoy! 🙂