This is a fusion dish i designed for Ben, putting everything he loves together on a plate. Curry rubbed roast chicken and vegetables with spiced turmeric rice, along with cooling tzatziki sauc. I never expected the flavours to go so well together! The spiciness, coolness, fragrance, all complimented each other perfectly. The chicken had a really crispy spiced skin, while the meat is so juicy that it squirted out juices the minute i put my fork into it. The cooling tzatziki sauce made the already delicious spiced rice to die for. Even the yogurt was freshly home made! We had a really pleasant dinner, and I am very proud to have put my love on this plate for my beloved husband ❤
You can refer to my previous post for my Spiced Turmeric Rice.
- 2 large chicken legs
- 3 small potatoes, cut in small chunks
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- A few cloves of garlic, smashed,
- 1 medium red onion, cut in squares
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Toss potatoes with some olive oil and place in a baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rub salt, pepper and curry powder all over the chicken legs.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and toss with tomatoes, onions and garlic. Add in more olive oil and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place chicken legs on top of vegetables. Return to oven.
- Bake for about 40-45minutes until skin is crisp.