I had to write this down quickly as Ben told me he absolutely loves this! This is a recipe i randomly came up with when I ran out of ideas on what to cook. I am so glad that i did because this is delicious and at the same time much healthier than the usual curries you get. All the curries I cook at home now is made with milk or evaporated milk. I only use coconut milk for special occasions like chinese new year or something. I can proudly say that you can eat healthier but also enjoy yummy food at the same time if you spend some time trying new things 🙂
- 250g minced pork
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp curry paste (i used 1/2 tbsp for Ben as he can’t take too spicy)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp corn flour mixed with abit of water
- Heat oil in a hot wok and saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add in minced pork and break up as you fry, lightly brown
- Fry in cumin, ground coriander and black pepper. Add in curry paste and fry until fragrant.
- Pour in evaporated milk. Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer for about 10mins.
- Season with soy sauce.
- Pour in corn flour + water mixture. Stir briefly until thickened.
Best served with spiced turmeric rice. Recipe for Spiced Turmeric Rice.