After many failures, I finally succeeded! Soup is flavourful and super comforting, pair it with my homemade noodles which is chewy with a good bite, it’s perfect! Turns out, one of the secret is using my chicken collagen stock. With the chicken stock always ready in the freezer, this only takes about 15mins to cook! I am never paying for this in a restaurant again. 😋
Recipe inspired by Justonecookbook.
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 100g minced pork
- 1 tsp spicy doubanjiang (spicy bean paste)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1L homemade chicken stock
- 3 – 3.5 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp dashi powder
- Light soy, to taste
- Shabu Shabu pork, marinated in salt and pepper
- 200g noodles
- Your favourite toppings: for example, egg, corn, kimchi, bean sprouts
- Best served with spring onions and chilli oil.
- In a pot, heat up sesame oil and fry garlic and shallots until fragrant. add in minced pork, break up as you fry.
- When pork is cooked, add in doubanjiang, sugar, mirin and pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Bring to boil, add in miso paste and dashi powder and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season with light soy.
- Cook shabu shabu for about a minute until cooked.
- Pour hot soup over noodles and top with your favourite toppings.