For most Singaporeans, this is the dish we most look forward to at wedding dinners! Braising the noodles with mushrooms and chicken infuse maximum flavours into this dish. Not only is this dish super yummy, it is also very simple to prepare and cook. This is a definite crowd-pleaser, especially with the kiddos!
- 20 mini dried shitake mushrooms, soaked (marinated in 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp soy)
- 2 chicken legs, deboned and sliced ( marinated in 1 tbsp huadiao wine, 1 tbsp soy, 1 heaped tsp corn flour, pepper)
- 200g ee fu noodles
- 1 pack shimeiji mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp thick dark soy
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Chillies, julienned
- 1 tbsp huadiao wine
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Cook ee fu noodles in boiling hot water very very briefly, until just seperated.
- In a hot wok, fry garlic until fragrant, add in chicken and lightly brown.
- Add in mushrooms and fry until mushrooms start to soften.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Add in noodles, oyster sauce, dark and light soy.
- Simmer until noodles has absorbed almost all the liquid.
- Add in chives, chilli, huadiao wine and sesame oil. Toss until combined.