Kway teow that is toasted until slightly charred, topped with seafood and a flavourful gravy. This is one of the most popular dishes at tze char stalls for a reason! It is actually very easy to make, the secret is to have some awesome chicken stock in your freezer, it guarantees a tasty dish!
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 420g kway teow
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 500ml chicken stock
- Chye Sim
- carrot slices
- 1 small squid
- 100g snakehead fish slices (marinated in 1 tsp corn flour, salt and pepper)
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sacue
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 2tbsp corn flour mixed with water
- In a very hot wok, fry garlic until fragrant. Add in kway teow and dark soy. Fry over high heat until noodles are slightly toasted. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Dish up and set aside.
- Bring chicken stock to boil. Cook chye sim in it and dish up. Add in carrots.
- Cook seafood in it until just cooked. Add in seasonings. While mixing, add in beaten egg.
- Bring to boil and thicken gravy with corn flour mixture.
- Pour gravy and seafood over kway teow
- Serve with green chilli.