I am finally feeling better and I am very happy as this dish totally hit the spot for us! Chicken was juicy and tender with an amazing chinese style honey marinade. Paired with fragrant chicken rice, appetizing cucumber salad and chicken rice chilli, i earned a thumb’s up from Benny on Benny’s night! 😋😍😘
Remember the thai chicken rice i cooked last week? I froze the chicken braising liquid in small packets so that i can cook fragrant chicken rice easily for dishes like this! It took me 5-10mins to cook the super yummy rice! This dish is as simple and easy as just marinating and baking. I already had the cucumber salad in the fridge so making this dish was easy peasy. Super delicious and i still get to catch some rest 😀 You can simply use some freshly sliced cucumbers as replacement too!
- 2 large chicken legs, deboned
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1.5 tbsp hua diao wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 heaped tsp corn flour
Chicken Rice Chilli Recipe
- In a blender, add in 6 chilli padi, 4 cloves garlic, 1 tsp ginger sauce, 2 tbsp chicken stock, 5 tbsp vinegar, big pinch of salt. Blend well.
- Marinade chicken with all the ingredients overnight.
- Bake at 190deg in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Brush with all remaining marinade in your bowl. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes until golden and very lightly charred in some spots.
- Serve with chicken rice and chilli.