This is definitely one of my comfort foods! Tender beef slices in a tangy, sweet and savoury sauce with chewy udon noodles. Yums! Not only is this super yummy, it is also very easy to cook. From prep to finish, it takes about only 20 minutes. 😍😋😙
- 360g fresh udon noodles
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 200g sliced beef, i used beef sukiyaki cut (marinate with a pinch of salt, pepper and 1 heaped tsp of corn flour)
- 1/2 carrot, julienne
- 2 small handful beansprouts
- 1 handful chye sim
- 2 chillies, julienne
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp mirin / rice wine
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp thick dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp kecap manis (abc sauce/ sweet soy sauce)
- Cook udon according to packet instructions. I cooked mine in hot water for about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse off excess starch.
- Heat oil and fry beef until just cooked. Dish up and set aside.
- Using the same wok, heat oil and fry onions for about 1 minute.
- Add in carrots and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add in bean sprouts and chye sim.
- When chye sim starts to wilt, add in udon, chillies and spring onions.
- Pour in all sauces and seasonings.
- Add in beef.
- Toss until combined.