My first time cooking and Ben’s first time eating it. He found it very strange when i served him raw noodles. As the hot gravy softens the noodles and he ate, he was so surprised! It was full of textures and flavours. You have to try it for yourself to know why this dish is a Singapore favourite! 😋😍😘
- 2 cakes crispy noodles (yee mee)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 750ml chicken stock
- 5 – 6 prawns
- 1 squid, scored and sliced
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Carrots, sliced
- Baby corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp corn flour mixed with some water
- Heat oil in a wok and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil. Add in prawns and squid and cook until just cooked through. Strain and remove the seafood.
- Season the stock, add in carrots, corn and mushrooms. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Bring the gravy to boil again. Pour in beaten egg and mix after a short while.
- Pour in corn flour slurry slowly and when desired thickness is achieved, stop pouring.
- Top crispy noodles with seafood and pour hot gravy all over it.
- Mix well and let gravy soften the noodles before eating.