A dish i randomly came up with a long time ago and i instantly got hooked! Its very addictive when paired with rice! I have been craving for it lately after not cooking it for it for a long time. I decided to revisit the recipe and made some small changes to it. I basically changed the chilli to chilli padi since Ben is much better with handling the heat now, and the addition of some thick dark soy sauce for better colour 😍😋
- 2 small-medium potatoes, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Red chilli / chilli padi, sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp thick dark soy sauce
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Dash of black pepper
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- Spring onions, chopped
- Soak potatoes in water and some white vinegar, set aside.
- In a hot wok, saute garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Drain potatoes of water, rinse well. Add into the wok with the chilli.
- On high heat, add in 2 – 3tbsp of water. When water is sizzling, reduce heat to medium high.
- After about 5mins, when water is almost dried up, add in sauces and seasonings.
- Fry for another 5mins until sauces is almost dried up.
- Add in coriander and spring onions and fry briefly until well combined.