This was an impromptu cook as i was at a loss on what to cook this morning. I had made this before but it was more tedious hand kneading it. I came up with this recipe using a bread machine and it was so so much easier to make! I am so happy with this recipe as i can make this more often now, especially when Benny LOVES them! It is crispy, flaky and super fragrant, just like a chinese roti prata!
- 250g bread flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- More salt
- Sesame oil
- Spring onions, chopped
- Place flour, sugar, salt, water, oil and yeast into the bread machine.
- Select pizza dough function and let it knead, rest and rise in the machine.
- Transfer dough onto a floured surface. Knead dough lightly and divide into four portions.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes or so.
- Roll dough into a flat rectangle. Sprinkle salt and brush on some sesame oil. Sprinkle a gernerous amount of spring onions on it.
- Roll up dough tightly.
- Place rolled dough in a verticle position and flatten lightly.
- Roll up from top to bottom.
- Flatten dough and roll into a circle.
- Heat up a few tablespoons of oil and pan fry until golden and crispy.
Note: you may google on how to roll an oblong dough for more pictures of the dough rolling process.