I’ve been trying to try more varieties of fried rice as it is a convenient and easy one pot meal for busy days. I think this is one of the best combo so far! And this is coming from someone who hates bacon! I absolutely hate bacon but cook with it quite often for Ben, who is a bacon lover. Garlic gently toasted in some butter, then fried with bacon, fluffy eggs and a concoction of yummy sauces. What is there to not love?! Super easy to cook and really delicious!
- 2/3 cup short grain rice cooked in 1 cup water (use ratio according to your rice cooker)
- 2 eggs
- 190g bacon bits
- Knob of butter
- 2 heaped tablespoon of roughly chopped garlic (about 8 cloves)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Spring onions, chopped
- Make scrambled eggs that are slightly undercooked and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a cold, dry pan to render out the fats. Cook over low heat until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Using the same pan with the bacon grease, melt the butter.
- Add garlic and cook over medium low heat until lightly golden.
- When garlic is lightly golden (do not burn), add in rice and sauces. Fry over high heat and toss until combined.
- Add in eggs and bacon and fry briefly.
- Turn off heat and add in spring onions and mix well.