I have been sick this week but nothing is going to stop me from cooking! I will just make simpler dishes to make my life easier. A customer of ours gave us a big block of ham and i have been thinking of dishes to cook with it so it will not be wasted. Ben is a ham-hater and he was not looking forward to eating it at all. I made ham and cheese savoury muffins yesterday and fried these noodles up today. To my surprise, Ben is full of praises of both dishes! I am so happy that i can use an ingredient that he hates and turn it into a dish that he loves! This fried noodles recipe is simple, fast and easy but absolutely delicious! Do give it a shot!
- 200g – 220g yellow noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger sauce/ minced ginger
- 120g ham, sliced thinly
- 1/2 stick carrot, sliced
- 2 handfuls of beansprouts
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce (ABC sauce/ kecap manis)
- 1/2 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spring onions
- Cook noodles until al dente. Set aside.
- Heat oil and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in ham and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add in bean sprouts and carrots and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add in noodles, sauces and seasoning. Toss and fry until well combined.
- Add in spring onions and mix well.
- Serve with green chilli and sambal chilli.