One day, we were offered a homemade drink by one of our clients and i instantly fell in love with it! I told them how yummy it was and asked what was the drink i had. The following week when we went to their house again, this super kind lady actually went to buy a bottle for us! I was so so very touched! We don’t have anyone close here and little kind gestures like this really touches our heart.
Back to the cake, I actually used the “Honey Hallabong Tea” marmalade and baked it into this super moist, fluffy and fragrant cake. It has a sweet, citrusy flavour that is super yummy even as a cake! Benny loooooooves it! I am planning to bake one for this kind client of ours but i am not sure if her children would like the citrusy flavour of this cake. I am still thinking about it, i might bake another flavour for her just to be safe? 😀
Recipe adapted from thedomesticgoddesswannabe.
Ingredients: (for 17cm tube pan)
- 5 egg yolks
- 30g caster sugar
- 60ml corn oil
- 115g cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder (I might omit it next time)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp yuzu marmalade + warm water to make 90ml in total
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 50g caster sugar
- Mix yolks, sugar, vanilla and oil together. Add in marmalade mixture and whisk.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt into yolk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and continue whisking.
- Add in sugar gradually. Whisk until glossy firm peaks.
- Gently fold in meringue into yolk batter in 3 batches, fully incorporating each batch before adding the next.
- Bang on countertop and slowly pour into tube pan from a height.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 deg for 50 mins.
- Invert immediately and unmould after completely cooled.