Fried Japanese rice wrapped in a creamy, fluffy omelette; how can anyone not like this dish?! Definitely a kid’s favourite at home! Since my Benny has the tastebuds of a teenager, this is one dish that he loves! It is rather easy to make, but you might want to refer to some youtube videos to watch how this is wrapped. I have even seen some people who just makes scrambled eggs and simply place it on top of the rice. Whatever goes, as long as you like it! 😀
- 3/4 cup short grain rice cooked in 1 1/4 cup water (according to rice cooker)
- Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Spring onions, chopped
- 2 large eggs (per serving), beaten with 2 tbsp milk, 1/4 tsp salt
- Saute onions and garlic until fragrant. Add in chicken and lightly brown it.
- Add in mushrooms. Mix and fry until chicken is cooked.
- Add in rice, sauces and seasonings.
- Mix and fry until well combined.
- Turn off heat and add in spring onions and mix well.
- In a well oiled pan, add in eggs and stir vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Swirl to form a large omelette.
- When egg is almost cooked but not completely cooked yet, spoon fried rice in the middle
- Wrap omelette over rice and transfer to a plate.