I have been trying to perfect this recipe for awhile before posting it. All components of this dish have been previously blogged about before. Being a perfectionist, i am always trying to better myself and my dishes. I am finally proud to say that I am happy with this recipe! The meat is juicy and tender with an amazing homemade char siew sauce, the rice is fragrant with the perfect texture and the chilli is appetizing and to die for!
I used the exact same ingredients (except that i used pig armpit for the meat this time) but a different cooking method. Add meat and sauce into a wok and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover to simmer for about 45 minutes. Check and turn meat frequently. Cool before slicing.
- 1 tbsp chicken/ duck fat
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger sauce
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 375ml chicken stock
- Pandan leaves, knotted
- Heat up duck fat and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add in rice, salt and ginger and fry until rice is opaque.
- Pour in chicken stock, mix well.
- Transfer to rice cooker, top with pandan leaves and cook.
Chicken Rice Chilli Recipe
- In a blender, add in 6 chilli padi, 4 cloves garlic, 1 tsp ginger sauce, 2 tbsp chicken stock, 5 tbsp vinegar, 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and pinch of salt. Blend well.