I missed out on Benny’s night yesterday so today was the day to make up for it. Every Thursday and Sunday is Benny’s night, where I will cook what Benny orders. Most of the dishes he requests are very time consuming and they are not stuff that I can make every single day since I work full time and can get tired at times. The other days, I get to pick what to cook depending on how tired I am or what ingredients we have. We used to argue occasionally over food but it has not happened since we implemented Benny’s night. Yay!
Oh well, back to the subject, tonight Benny’s pick was cheeseburger sliders with his all time favourite bread buns! He has got to be my biggest fan in the world to my bread buns. He always says that it is so good that he can eat it just on it’s own. I made a few additions to the patties tonight and thus thought that I would write down the recipe since it turned out pretty amazing!
Click for: Homemade Bread Buns Recipe (Makes 16 slider buns or 8 regular burger buns)
- 250g minced beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Sauce: diced 1/2 white onion with 4 tbsp ketchup and 3 tbsp honey mustard
- Mix all ingredients together until combined
- Form 6 patties (3 for regular burger patties)
- Pan fry in hot pan, cover for about 2 mins
- Flip and cover for another 2 mins
- Serve patties on cheese with buns and top with sauce