This is a life saving recipe when we worked late tonight and I was really reluctant to eat out. Preparation took about 20mins and I just sat back, relaxed and let the rice cooker do the rest of the work for me. I posted this recipe before but I did some small changes this time and actually weighed my pumpkin for a more precise recipe. If you want to make a quick dinner that is fuss free but still very yummy, this recipe is for you!
- 190g deseeded and skinned Pumpkin, cut in big cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can stewed pork, sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp thick dark soy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/8 cup chicken stock
- Saute garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Fry mushrooms until lightly browned.
- Add stewed pork and fry briefly
- Mix in rice and fry until opaque
- Pour in sauces and mix evenly.
- Pour in chicken stock and mix thoroughly
- Turn off heat, add in pumpkin and mix well
- Transfer to rice cooker and cook as per normal.
- When rice is ready, scoop gently onto a plate without mashing the pumpkin
- Top with spring onions and coriander.