This is one of my favourite foods as i love anything that has to do with kimchi! It’s sour, spicy, sweet and tangy, i love everything cooked with it or even on its own! However, Ben has always been very critical whenever i make this. “too spicy”, “too healthy”, “too dry”, i’ve heard it all 😦 I modified my previous recipe and used short grain rice this time. I’ve finally made Ben love this dish as much as i do! I am so so happy! This is easily the best fried rice of any kind that i’ve ever had! ❤
- 1 cup short grain rice, cooked in 1.25 – 1.5 cups water depending on rice cooker
- 150g thinly sliced pork belly (i used pork belly sukiyaki)
- 130g kimchi, roughly cut
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp gochujang
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Spring onions
- Sunny side-ups
- Fluff up rice and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a hot pan and saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pork and brown.
- Add in kimchi and toss well.
- Add in rice, pour in sauces and seasonings.
- Fry until well combined.
- Top with sunny side-ups, seaweed and spring onions.