This is sucha yummy dish, i am so so excited to blog about it! This dish is super fast and easy to prepare and extremely delicious! It is a perfect dinner idea after a long day at work! I only got this strange idea of this fusion dish last night and since we finished work late tonight, it was a perfect day to try cooking this. I can’t believe how well it turned out. It is seriously yummy! Benny was full of praises for it and wiped out his dish! Give this strange dish a try and you will not regret it!
- 1 cup short grain rice, cooked and seasoned with some sesame oil and salt
- 1/2 box curry roux
- 1 potato, diced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- 500ml water
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil carrots and potatoes in water.
- While veggies are cooking, saute onions until fragrant. Add in chicken and sear until lightly brown. Set aside.
- When veggies are cooked, add in curry roux and mix well.
- Add in onions and chicken.
- Cook until sauce is thickened.
- Scoop a small ladleful of curry onto a baking dish.
- Spoon rice over sauce and flatten. Alternate layers of rice and curry until you use up the rice/curry.
- Finish with a layer of curry followed by a layer of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200deg for 15mins until golden.
- Sprinkle seaweed and serve immediately.