Lemon chicken is one of the most popular dishes at local tze char stall for a good reason! It is abit sour, tangy and sweet at the same time, definitely a dish that can open up anyone’s appetite. It is usually made with a fried chicken cutlet but i made it with popcorn chicken. I think it makes it much easier to eat with and the sauce is evenly coated on the chicken. This is a relatively easy recipe as you basically make a sauce to toss the chicken with. Give it a try and you will never have to order it out again!
- 320g popcorn chicken
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp plum sauce
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Toss chicken in some oil and air fry at 220deg for about 20mins until cooked.
- Heat oil and fry onions until translucent.
- Add in lemon juice, plum sauce, water, salt and sugar.
- Mix well and simmer until sauce is thickened. Add in lemon slices and fry briefly.
- Add in chicken and toss until combined.