In Singapore, everyone is obsessed with the food in Ikea, especially their meatballs. I never understood why as i find their food very bland and cafeteria-like. A couple of months ago, i’ve finally tried their famous meatballs with some tomato pasta for the first time and i was bitterly disappointed. Ben hated them and he generally hates all types of meatballs. I was eager to try and make my own and see if he’d change his mind, and boy i did! I cannot imagine ourselves actually loving the combination of the balls, sauce and jam. We were even dipping our yorkshire puddings in the sauce and some jam, it was that good! This dish is going onto my to-cook dishes for mom and Ah Ma. They don’t ever try western food when they are out so i am always cooking it for them so that they can try new flavours and dishes that they have never seen before. I am sure that they are gonna love it!
- Knob of butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250ml beef/chicken stock
- 80ml cream
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Melt butter in a hot pan and add in flour. Use a spatula and mix until well combined.
- Pour in stock and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour in cream and simmer over low heat. Season with worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Add in meatballs and simmer until sauce is thick.
- Best served with lingonberry/rasperry/strawberry sauce.