This simple plate of spaghetti is truly the fruit of my labour. Everything from the pasta, to the sauce and meatballs are made from scratch. It was tiring but i am so so happy with the end product! And it is not so bad since i still have pasta and meatballs in the fridge that i can use to cook over the next couple of days. I have officially converted my meatball-hating husband, he absolutely loves these ones that i made! He says its the best ones he’s had! The meatballs were so juicy and yummy, and goes perfectly with the pasta and sauce.
Click for: Pasta Recipe (same recipe but simply omit alkaline water)
- Meatballs (Makes 36)
- 250g mince beef
- 250g mince pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 220g pasta, cooked until al dente
- 2 cups homemade marinara sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock/water
- Knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients for meatballs until thoroughly combined.
- With 1 tbsp of meat, form and roll into balls.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- In a hot pan, heat up a generous amount of oil for shallow frying.
- Sear both sides of meatballs until deep golden brown. Dish up and set aside.
- Heat up marinara sauce and add in water/stock.
- Bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper and add in meatballs. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cream with a knob of butter and about 4 tbsp of reserve pasta water.
- Add in pasta and toss until combined.