Ah Ma and Mommy came for dinner last month i cooked up a feast for them. I also made Ah Ma’s all time favourite dessert, Orh Nee! This is the classic and iconic teochew dessert that many Singaporeans loves but you can hardly find it anywhere because it is labourious to make. I am very thankful for my Joyoung soy milk maker as it made the whole process an absolute breeze. All i had to do is to cut up the yam and add in the ingredients and i have a perfect bowl of orh nee in under 30 minutes. Ah Ma and Mommy was full of praises and they could not believe how good it tastes and how easy Joyoung made it for me.
- 400g yam, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 70g rock sugar cubes
- 200ml water
- Drizzle of shallot oil (optional)
- Drizzle of coconut milk, to serve
- Add in all the ingredients into the soy milk maker.
- Select Jam mode and start the machine.
- Drizzle with coconut milk and top with gingko nuts to serve.