This is a very popular dish among Caucasians and that includes my Ben! This is the first time i made my own kung pao sauce and it turned out to be a big hit with Ben! I am very happy about it as not only it tastes alot better, the premix bottles are also expensive and i can never finish using the whole bottle. I didn’t have any dried chillies on hand and replaced with fresh chillies and it was just as good 🙂
- 2 chicken thighs, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 80g cashew nuts
- Cucumber, cut in chunks
- Onions, cut in squares
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp huadiao wine
- 1 heaped tsp minced ginger
- Dash of pepper
- Spring onions, deseeded red chilli, coriander
- In a hot wok, saute garlic until fragrant. Add in chicken and brown.
- Add in cashew nuts and fry briefly, followed by cucumbers.
- Add in onions and toss well.
- Pour sauces and seasonings into the wok. Fry until sauce is thickened.
- Add in spring onions, chillies and coriander. Fry briefly.
- May serve with rice and top with a fried egg or omelette.