It’s been more than a month since I’ve blogged 😦 After a few bouts of illness, i’ve been feeling quite sad, stressed and down. I’ve been cooking everyday as usual but i just don’t feel right, and definitely not in the mood to write down any recipes. I’ve stopped posting on facebook too, to be honest, i don’t think anyone reads or cares 😦 I won’t be posting on facebook anymore.
Let me try to pen down a couple of recipes, hopefully i will feel better soon 😦
I have came up with quite a few recipes lately as i recently made a giant tub of kimchi and i’ve been cracking my head on how to use it up in different ways. It’s really handy to have homemade kimchi in the fridge as there are so many diferent dishes you can whip up with it and they are all pretty fast and easy. I am a big fan of kimchi, not so much of eating them on its own, but when it’s used for cooking, they really bring a depth of flavour to the dish. They are also very good for health too which is the main reason i’ve been incorporating it into our diet. This is a delicious recipe an is a must-try if you are sick of the usual fried rice.
- 2/3 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 100g very thinly sliced pork belly (i used pork sukiyaki cut)
- 120g kimchi, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Spring onions
- Sunny side-ups
- In a hot wok, saute shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pork and lightly brown.
- Add in kimchi and toss well. Fry until pork is cooked.
- Add in rice, sauces and seasonings. Fry and toss until well combined.
- Add in spring onions and fry briefly.
- Top with a sunny side up and serve.