I just made a box of homemade kimchi the other day and when it was raining cats and dogs the other night, i was craving for a hot bowl of soup. This dish satisfied my craving thoroughly and it was so so good! The best part is that, prep took about 5 minutes and cooking took another 20 minutes or so. It was all easy peasy with minimal washing up, and i got a bowl of the best kimchi soup i have ever had!
- 150g pork belly sliced
- 150g – 200g kimchi
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Chilli mixture: 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 tbsp gojuchang, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, pepper
- 1 box silken tofu, cut into cubes
- Glass noodles/ sweet potato noodles
- Salt, to taste
- Spring onions, to garnish
- Add pork, kimchi, onions and chilli mixture into a large claypot. Pour in chicken stock and mix well.
- Cover, and let it boil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in noodles at about the 6 minute mark.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add in tofu and cook for another few minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions.