I was planning to cook this for dinner and tried looking up the recipe on here and to my horror, i forgot to blog about it! I looked through my notebook and i am super relieved when i found the notes that i took down when cooking this. This is my first time making gravy and it was so easy and yummy! KFC can suck it with their powdered gravy crap! This popular hawaiian dish is hearty and satisfying, and surprisingly easy to cook! I paired it with my homemade coleslaw and some rice cooker chicken rice for extra flavour 🙂
Click For: Coleslaw Recipe
- 250g minced beef
- 2tbsp chopped onions
- 1/8tsp salt
- pan juices from burger patties
- knob of butter
- onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup chicken/beef stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour + some cold water
- Mix all ingredients for the patties. Form 4 burger patties.
- Add some oil in a hot skillet and place the patties in it. Cover and cook for about 3-4 minutes until underside is brown.
- Flip and cover, cook for another 3 minutes until brown.
- Leave the pan juices in the skillet.
- Add in a knob of butter and melt. Add in onions and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in stock and add worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to boil, simmer to reduce for a 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour in corn flour mixture while stirring, stir until thickened.
- Serve burger patties with gravy, rice, sunny side up and coleslaw.