I have been having a mental block with new ideas to cook lately and i was dying to come up with a new recipe. I looked in the fridge and pantry and whipped up this dish. I am surprised on how well it turned out and how much Ben loves it. I guess its because it’s a dish made with all his favourite ingredients and componenets. A definite breakfast favourite for us now! 😀
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- For potaotes: splash of milk, dash of pepper, knob of butter and salt
- 2/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 4-5tbsp flour
- Spring onions, chopped
- Quail eggs
- Sauce: mix yogurt with dill. lime juice and salt
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and mash with milk, pepper, butter and salt
- Cool potaotes. Mix in cheese, egg, spring onions and flour. You may need more flour to make your mixture easier to work with.
- Form patties with the mixture. Dust with flour on both sides.
- In a hot pan with oil, pan fry patties until golden on both sides.
- Serve with dill and yogurt sauce and quail eggs. Top with chopped italian parsley.