This is the only thing i eat everytime i go to Marche and i love the mushroom sauce. They are always very stingy with the sauce and it’s actually very expensive there! Now that i can make my own, i can have as much as i want at home. The sauce is TO DIE FOR, so yummy that even my mushroom-hating husband wiped it clean off his plate.
You can customise fillings to anything you please, just like a wrap. I used lettuce, ham/bacon, onions and carrots.
Click for: French Crepes Recipe
- 2tbsp (28g) butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- Shallots, parsley, bay leaves
- Button mushrooms, cut in chunks
- Salt and pepper
- Heat milk gently with shallots, parsley and bay leaves and simmer gently for about 10mins. Strain and keep only the milk.
- Saute mushrooms in some olive oil until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Melt butter, add in flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour in milk and simmer on low heat, add in mushrooms and mix until thick and smooth. Add in more milk until your desired consistency.