When i saw this dish being featured on tv, i knew i had to try making it myself! It is a hearty dish that quite easy to make. Seared chicken braised in marinara sauce and white wine, yums!
Click for: Homemade Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 2 -3 chicken legs, cut into thighs and drumsticks
- Salt and pepper
- Homemade marinara sauce
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine + more
- Pasta, cooked
- Reserve pasta water
- Knob of butter
- Rub salt and pepper on chicken.
- Heat some oil in a skillet, place chicken skin side down, sear on both sides until golden. Dish up and set aside.
- Leaving the pan juices, heat up marinara sauce and bring to a gentle boil. Add in carrots and white wine, bring to boil.
- Add in chicken, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add in a splash of wine every now and again when sauce looks dry.
- Remove the chicken, add in pasta water and cook briefly. Toss pasta in sauce and add in butter to cream up the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.