I loooove Nasi Lemak but i only indulge in this dish once in maybe a year as it is very unhealthy. I have made the traditional version in an earlier post and it had me craving for it ever since. Traditionally, the rice is cooked in coconut milk, which is what makes this dish so delicious. This recipe allows me to have my favourite dish without the guilt at all, and it tastes exactly, if not better than the usual dish.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cup water (plus a splash more)
- Bunch of pandan leaves, tied up
- 4-5 cloves garlic, washed and smashed
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in the rice cooker and cook as per normal.