Tried to perfect my previous recipe and this turned out amazing! I included more ingredients for textures and flavours, adjusting the sauces and seasonings for better flavour. Charred pineapple cubes, lup cheong (chinese sausages), cashews, fluffy eggs, and rice cooked in pineapple juice, i love it!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (plus a splash more)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-5 shallots, sliced
- 2 chinese sausages (lup cheong), diced
- 1 cup pineapple cubes
- about 3/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Coriander, chopped
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, sliced
- Cook rice in stock and pineapple juice, set aside.
- Make fluffly scrambled eggs and set aside.
- In a hot wok, saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in sausages and fry until lighty brown.
- Add in pineapple cubes and cashew nuts, fry until both are lightly charred.
- Add in rice and eggs, pour sauces, pepper and turmeric over the rice. Fry and mix until well combined.
- Add in coriander, spring onions and chilli, toss well. Fry briefly.
- Rest rice for about 5 minutes before serving with pork floss.