This is a very easy and fast one pot dish that is extremely delicious! My maifan stone pot acts as a giant claypot and the rice is of perfect texture and very flavourful. It is so authentic that it even creates the crispy burnt bits at the bottom, that is the star of the dish for every claypot rice lover. From the sauteing, to the stir frying, and cooking of the rice, everything is done in the same stone pot. I am officially in love with my maifan stone rice cooker! I know most people do not have my rice cooker, you can follow this same recipe, frying the ingredients in a wok before transferring into the rice cooker.
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 shitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 2 chicken thighs, deboned and diced
- 1 dried chinese sausage (aka lup cheong), sliced or diced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken stock + a splash of water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- Spring onions, coriander, chopped
- Roasted chestnuts (optional)
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- In a hot wok, saute shallots and garlic until fragrant. Fry mushrooms until lightly brown.
- Brown chicken and add in sausages.
- Add in rice, mix well and when rice is slightly opaque, add in all sauces and seasonings.
- Transfer to rice cooker, add in stock and water. Cook as per normal.
- Towards the end of cooking, add chestnuts and sesame oil. Toss lightly.
- Serve with spring onions, coriander and sambal belachan chilli.