I have always wanted to try Korean rice cakes and i bought a small portion the other day at a stall and it was so chewy to the point that it was not edible. I was so disappointed and i was not sure what i was gonna do with the pack of rice cakes in the fridge. I had an idea and thought i will make a completely different version that Ben is more likely to appreciate. To my great surprise, Ben loved it so much and couldn’t stop munching on these little crispy rice cakes. I am looking forward to trying this recipe on the “tube” kinda rice cakes. I’m sure that it will be really good too!
- 500g rice cakes
- 1 – 2 tbsp korean chilli paste (i used 1 tbsp as Ben can’t take it too spicy)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Spring onions, chopped
- Boil rice cakes in a pot of boiling water until they float and is soft and cooked.
- Mix all sauces and seasonings well.
- Pan fry rice cakes in some oil until crisp on both sides.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the rice cakes and let the sauce be absorbed by the rice cakes.
- Add in spring onions and toss well.