This is a very popular dish that you can get at any tze char stall in Singapore. It is popular for good reason, it’s yummy noodles braised in beautiful broth and sauces, the noodles and meat absorbs all the goodness from the sauce. I have finally perfected the recipe and it’s very yummy, and i must say that it tastes sooooo much better with homemade noodles. Another easy one pot dish that takes minimal prep time, 15 mins is probably all you need!
Click for: Homemade Noodles Recipe
- 250g thick homemade noodles
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 100g pork shabu shabu/thinly sliced pork
- 6 prawns
- 3 bunch baby bak choy
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour mixed with abt 100ml water
- Cook noodles in boiling water for about 2.5mins. Noodles should be undercooked. Drain and set aside. Soak in cold water until ready to use.
- Saute garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Fry pork until brown. Add in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Pour in all the sauces and seasoning and bring to boil. Cook over medium-low heat for about 5 – 10 mins.
- Add in noodles and cook for about a minute. Add in prawns and veggie.
- When prawns are cooked, pour corn flour mixture all over. Stir until sauce is thickened and absorbed by noodles.
- Serve with green chillies or smabal. Best served with crispy pork lard but i omitted that as we don’t take lard 🙂