Ben has been requesting for this for awhile now. I wasn’t so sure if i was going to make him decent quiches and i surprised myself with a successful bake! The custard is smooth and creamy and the flavours of the bacon, onions and cheese came together perfectly and the the crust was crisp and amazing! Ben was so happy and he absolutely loved these little quiches! I knew he would prefer mini ones, i know him so well 😀 For the crust, i used frozen pratas as they are almost identical to puff pastry when baked, maybe even better! It’s flaky, crispy and makes a perfect pastry for anything that you are used to making puff pastry with. I have used them to make pies, curry puffs, pigs in the blanket and alot more! If you live in Singapore, this is an awesome idea as puff pastry is extremely expensive.
Ingredients: (Makes 6 mini quiches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 strips bacon
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- Puff pastry (I used frozen prata as my pastry)
- Cut bacon into smaller pieces and render out the fat in a cold dry pan, over low heat. Stop when bacon is lightly browned.
- Whisk egg andcream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a jumbo muffin tray and line each hole with thawed prata pastry. I lightly thawed the prata pastry until it is pliable.
- Layer bacon, spring onions, cheese and more spring onions in each hole.
- Pour custard into the quiches.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180deg for about 30minutes until quiches are golden and risen.
- Cool slightly for 5 minutes and serve hot.