I made the noodles version of this the other day and i was hooked! I couldn’t wait to try the rice vermicelli version as it is also one of my favourites! I used my trusted 新竹米粉 and it was superb! I can finally say that i have mastered the skill of frying beehoon! It sounds silly as this is a simple dish but it can be so hard to get it right. Following my success from the other day, i was more confident today. QQ, al dente with a great bite. I can have this for brekkie everyday! 🙂 You can pair this up with your favourite sides for breakfast, or you can serve it with curry. Curry and this type of fried bee hoon is a match made in heaven 🙂
Ingredients: (serves 1, u can multiply the recipe for more serves)
- About 85g bee hoon (rice vermicelli)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small handful of beansprouts
- 1 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- Hot water
- Pour hot boiling water over dried vermicelli and let it soak for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cut into shorter strands.
- Heat some oil and saute garlic until fragrant. Add in beansprouts and fry briefly.
- Add in all the sauces and seasonings, as well as vermicelli.
- Add a splash of hot water and toss until well combined. Fry until noodles have absorbed all the liquid and is cooked through.
- Serves with your favourite sides as breakfast, or serve with curry as a main.