This is a dish i have been craving for the longest time but i hate the ones sold outside as the noodles are soggy and have a really strong smell. Now that i can make my own noodles, we get to enjoy the freshest noodles that has the best texture ever! This is a easy and quick dish to prepare, and you are meant to pair it with your favourite sides. In local food places, this is a very popular breakfast item and they are sold with plenty of sides where you can mix and match your favourite combinations.
We truly love this dish and were still craving for more after we finished. The slightly sweet and salty flavour paired with al dente QQ noodles with the perfect bite, it was a satisfying brekkie! We are gonna have this so much more often!
Click for: Homemade Yellow Noodles Recipe
- About 240g yellow noodles
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 big handful of bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) (1 1/2 for a sweeter dish)
- Cook noodles in boiling water for about 2 minutes until slightly undercooked.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add in bean sprouts and fry for about a minute.
- Add in sauces and noodles. Toss and cook until sauce is absorbed by the noodles.
- Serve with your favourite sides.