This is my first time making and cooking Japchae! I was tempted by posts on facebook of this colourful dish, which looks really appetizing. The noodles are made from sweet potato, its texture is very similar to glass noodles and it’s very yummy! After tasting it, i now understand why this dish is so popular. It’s quick and easy to whip up, versatile and tastes great! It can be a main, a starter, a side and can be eaten at any time of the day.
As for my gyozas, they were very convenient to cook as i made a big batch the last time and froze them 🙂
Click for: Gyoza/Potstickers recipe
- 200g sweet potato noodles/vermicelli
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 6 small shitake mushrooms, soaked till soft and sliced
- 125g pork/beef shabu shabu
- 1 medium carrot, sliced in thin strips
- Spring onions, cut in sections
- Chillies, sliced
- Sauce Mix: 4tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp sugar, 2tbsp sesame oil, Pepper
- Cook vermicelli/noodles in boiling water for about 4 minutes, until al dente.
- In a hot wok, heat a small amount of oil and saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are half cooked. Add in pork and carrots and cook until pork is brown.
- Add in chillies, spring onions and sauce mix. Fry briefly.
- Add in noodles and toss until well combined.