I think i am the queen of replicating originally deep fried dishes without deep frying anything! This is one of Ben’s favourite dish at tze char stalls but i am always hesitant about ordering it as it is so oily. I am super happy to be able to make this for him now in our own kitchen, and i know very well what goes into it; only the freshest ingredients! Imagine moist, succulent chicken crumbed with buttery, salty, fragrant, spicy and slightly sweet cereal, this is it! The cereals is so addictive that it will definitely be polished off the plate everytime you cook this!
- 250g chicken fillets aka tenderloins cut in big pieces
- To crumb chicken: flour, egg wash, nestum cereal (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 2tbsp butter
- Handful of curry leaves
- 2 large chillies or chilli padi, sliced
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 cup nestum cereal
- 3tsp sugar
- 3/4tsp salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Crumb chicken and panfry in a pan until golden on both sides. My chicken were quite thick so i baked it in a 200deg oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a hot wok. Fry curry leaves and chilli until fragrant. Add in coriander and mix well.
- On medium to med-low heat, add in 1 cup of cereal and toss until well combined. Toast cereal until golden.
- Add in seasoning and mix well. Add in cooked chicken and toss until combined. Fry briefly.