This is my first time making marinara sauce and it was so easy and fantastic! It is a perfect sauce for many dishes and it has opened up more doors for me as i think bottled and canned sauces is quite awful. I also hate buying canned tomatoes so i am really glad that I’ve came up with this easy recipe that uses fresh tomatoes. The sauce was perfect when paired with chicken parmesan, and i can only imagine how many more new dishe i can make with this!
Click for: Chicken Parmesan Recipe (I used fresh mozzarella this time and it was just as good!)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 170 g pure tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Oregano and english parsley, or your favourite herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot, heat some olive oil and saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes and cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes until juices starts to form and boil.
- Add in tomato paste and mix well. Boil for a few more minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until tomatoes and soft and sauce starts to thicken. Stir occasionally. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Add in herbs and add in sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes until sauce is thick.
To cook this with thermos, transfer all contents into a 3 litre thermos before you add in chicken stock. Once in the thermos, pour in chicken stock and bring to boil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cover with the lid and transfer to the outer pot. Your marinara sauce will be ready in 2 hours 30 minutes.