This is my first time making marinara sauce and it was so easy and fantastic! It is a perfect sauce for many dishes and it has opened up more doors for me as i think bottled and canned sauces is quite awful. I also hate buying canned tomatoes so i am really glad that I’ve came up with this easy recipe that uses fresh tomatoes. The sauce was perfect when paired with chicken parmesan, and i can only imagine how many more new dishe i can make with this!
Click for: Chicken Parmesan Recipe (I used fresh mozzarella this time and it was just as good!)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 170 g pure tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Oregano and english parsley, or your favourite herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot, heat some olive oil and saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes and cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes until juices starts to form and boil.
- Add in tomato paste and mix well. Boil for a few more minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until tomatoes and soft and sauce starts to thicken. Stir occasionally. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Add in herbs and add in sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes until sauce is thick.