Ben has been asking me to make him a no-bake cheesecake for awhile now but i have been hesitant as the ingredients are so rich and unhealthy. In a regular cheesecake, alot of cream cheese and cream is used. I replaced them with healthier alternatives like my homemade yogurt, milk and of course tofu! I was tempted to use my homemade soymilk but i thought i will give this a try first as i wanted to trick Ben into thinking that this is a regular cheesecake. He could not tell that this is a healthier cake and we couldn’t taste the tofu in it either! I am so happy that he loves this cake and is looking forward to making more variations with different types of fruits for him in future!
Ingredients: (Makes a 8″ cake)
- 240g biscuits
- 120g butter, melted
- 300g cream cheese, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 360g silkened tofu
- 60g fresh milk
- 210g yogurt
- 18g gelatine
- 60g boiling hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Crush biscuits in a ziplock bag until fine. Add in melted butter and mix until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Place cake ring on a board and pour biscuit mixture into it. Press it down firmly with your hand to form a compact base.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
- Whisk tofu, milk and yogurt together. Batter will be abit lumpy.
- Pour tofu mixture into cheese mixture and beat until as smooth as possible.
- Mix gelatine with hot water and pour the mixture into the batter.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Strain batter through a sift into the cake ring.
- Chill for about 4 hours until firm.
- To remove the cake ring, i used a hot towel and warm up the cake ring a few times before shaking gently for the ring to slip off nicely.