This has got to be one of my best dishes! It is buttery, creamy, smooth and very fragrant, an explosion of flavours in your mouth. Ben would not stop telling me how good it is right after he ate it and that made me a very very happy girl since i designed this recipe just for him! This dish is inspired by a recent tze char favourite in Singapore, butter pork chops. I have always wanted to try making it but the original dish is extremely unhealthy as the pork chops are deep fried before tossing in with this already unhealthy sauce. My version is slightly healthier as i fried my chicken in the air fryer . I must say i love my idea very much asit is much less oilier, the chicken are tender and it’s easier to eat. It is also not difficult to make, and the best part is that it taste absolutely divine! Please give my recipe a try and you will know what i mean!
- 300g popcorn chicken
- About 50g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- Handful of curry leaves
- 100ml evaporated milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp cream (adjust to preference)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chicken powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 large red chillies, sliced (use chilli padi for a spicier dish)
- Toss chicken in a small amount of oil and air fry at 220deg for about 15minutes until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a hot wok and saute shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in curry leaves and fry until fragrant.
- Add in milk, cream, sugar, salt, pepper and chicken powder. I premixed everything in a bowl and pour it in together.
- Add in chillies and fry briefly.
- When sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened, add in chicken. Toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately.