I was not sure on what to call this dish as it is a dish i came up with, but since it is spicy and thick, i will call it Korean “curry”. I am very surprised how well this dish turned out even though it was a rather impromptu recipe that i can came up with in my mind. It is spicy, tangy and fragrant. The sauce goes extremely well with rice, making me crave for more rice when i finished my plate. I was absolutely blown by the flavour combination!
- 250g chicken, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp korean chilli paste
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 cup pork bone broth/chicken stock
- Coriander, chopped
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Handful of thai basil
- Juices of 2 big limes, to taste
- In a hot wok, saute shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in chicken and lightly brown. Put in flour and toss well.
- Add in all the sauces, seasonings and ginger. Fry briefly.
- Pour in broth and bring to boil. Simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Add in basil, coriander, spring onions and chillies. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in lime juice and simmer briefly.