These muffins are moist, chocolatey and to die for! It is a perfect recipe that i was lucky to find and definitely a keeper. It is so easy to make, anyone is capable of impressing a party with these gorgeous muffins. Look at the beautiful crumbs and it’s really yummy! Also a tad less sinful being made with half wholemeal flour.
You may double the recipe to all ingredients except the egg.
Recipe adapted from Delishar.
Ingredients: (Makes 8)
- 114g wholemeal flour
- 114g plain flour
- 75g castor sugar
- 32g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 122g yogurt
- 1 egg
- 75ml fresh milk
- 60ml corn oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- More chocolate chips for topping
- Combine all wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl. Whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add in chocolate chips and fold in gently.
- Fill muffin holes to about 3/4 full. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180deg for about 18-20minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.