This is a random whip up of mine that turned out really yummy! It’s slightly spicy, sweet, salty at the same time, and also filled with the fragrance of the curry leaves. It was easy to make as well, and totally saved me from my mental block today as i had no idea what i was going to cook. The plate was completely wiped out and we were still craving for more! That’s how good it was 🙂
- 260g popcorn chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced (or red onion)
- Handful of curry leaves
- 2 red chillies or chilli padi
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Air fry popcorn chicken at about 220deg for 15mins until golden. Set aside.
- In a hot wok, saute garlic and shallots until fragrant. Mix in curry leaves and fry until very fragrant.
- Add in all the sauces and seasoning over high heat.
- When sauce bubbles and slightly reduced, add in coriander, spring onion and chillies. Fry briefly for about a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken into the wok and toss until evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately.