Ben is a big fan of curries. One of his favourite curries is the Indian curry, the one with the unique flavour that tastes very different from chinese curry. I have been avoiding making Chinese curry except for special occasions as it is very unhealthy, using alot of coconut cream. In my quests for healthy tasty curry, I have finally made a curry that tastes exactly like those in Indian restaurants. It is extremely yummy yet still healthy due to its ingredients. It is another dish i can use my homemade yogurt with. Not only this was our dinner, I’m going to make some roti prata in the morning to complete the match made in heaven 🙂
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 120g rempah curry paste (I usually use my mom’s curry paste but i ran out. I used A1 brand today)
- Half a small chicken, chopped
- 500ml chicken stock/pork bone stock
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in chunks
- 300ml yogurt
- Handful of curry leaves
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- In a hot wok, saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add in rempah and fry until it is very fragrant.
- Add in chicken and fry until skin is nice and brown.
- Add in stock on high heat and bring to boil.
- Add in potatoes. Cover and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn heat to medium and add in yogurt and curry leaves. Mix well. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add in coriander and salt. Season to taste.
- Ben prefers very thick curries so i mixed some corn flour and water, and thicken the curry for few minutes.