When I am tired, one pot dishes are always my favourite to cook as it helps me whip up a meal in usually under 30 minutes. Today was one of those days as we worked a little later than usual. Refusing to eat out, and was thinking about what we had in the fridge, I sudden;y had the idea of making pumpkin rice. It was easy, fast and really tasty! Definitely my go-to recipe in future when I have a pumpkin on hand 🙂
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/4 medium pumpkin, cut in chunks
- 1 cup king oyster mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/8 cup chicken stock
- 1 can stewed pork
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Dash of pepper
- Baby bak choy
- In a pot, saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add in pumpkin and mushrooms.
- When mushrooms start to soften, add in rice and toss well.
- Add in chicken stock and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until stock is slightly less than the rice.
- Cover the pot with the lid and let it simmer for a few more minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the lid on for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn on low heat. Add in stewed pork, sauces and seasoning. Mix well. Place bak choy on top and cover the lid. Simmer for about 3-4minutes.
- Leave the lid on for another 10 minutes until bak choy is steamed and cooked.
- Remove the lid and rest for about 10 minutes before serving.